Tunnel boring machine market is foreseen to grow at the fastest rate owing to the ongoing urbanization and increasing expenditure on roads and railway infrastructure. The market growth of a tunnel boring machine entirely depends on booming transportation sectors and rising need connects the cities in order to enhance commerce. Increasing construction of a road tunnel and railway tunnel along with the utilization of tunnel boring machine for hydropower, pipeline, and water and sewage is further expected to boost the market growth.
According to the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market was valued USD 3,862.5 MN (by revenue) in 2018 and is anticipated to reach USD 4,750.4 MN by 2025 with a CAGR of 3%.
HARD ROCK HAS EMERGED AS THE HIGHLY PREFERRED TBM PRODUCT
Hard rock TBM is accounted for the highest share in the market owing to its ability to excavating large-diameter tunnels in hard rock. This product helps to design and construct a high-scale tunnel project successfully. Therefore, the rising number of tunnel projects in order to enhance the road and railway infrastructure is expected to propel the segment growth.
MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING ACCOUNTED FOR THE LARGEST SHARE
Municipal engineering is dominating the segment owing to rising utilization of TBM product for management and disposal of waste and other municipal tasks such as water supply system, treatment of water and other public places in order to provide the safe, clean, and useful environment.
ASIA-PACIFIC IS DOMINATING THE GLOBAL TBM MARKET
Asia-pacific is ruling the global TBM market owing to rising government expenditure on infrastructure along with the rising number of road and railway tunnel infrastructure. Also, the rising application of TBM in wastewater treatment in the region is also expected to expand the industry expansion.
MAJOR PLAYERS ENGAGED IN THE MARKET
Herrenknecht, Hitachi Zosen Corporation, Jim Technology Corporation, Kawasaki, Komatsu, Northern Heavy Industries Group Co., Ltd., SELI, Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co., Ltd., and Tianye Tolian.
As per this study the Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market was valued USD 3,862.5 MN (by revenue) in 2018 and is anticipated to reach USD 4,750.4 MN by 2025 with a CAGR of 3%.
Tunnel boring machines are referred to as special-purpose machines, basically used in the manufacture of tunnels for roads, railways, and pipelines. These tunnel boring machines are long with circular cross-sections and help in boring round holes through any rock. Also, these machines can cut clean through rocks, sometimes along with creating concrete shields around the bored tunnels. The diameter of tunnel boring machines ranges from 1 meter to 20 meters.
The market for tunnel boring machine market is mainly driven by the rise in spending on road and railway infrastructure by government. Also, to connect major cities within the country, with minimum commute time in order to reduce transportation costs and connects cities to boost commerce is expected to drive the market growth. Further, ongoing urbanization and rapid growth of industrialization are again expected to propel the market growth in the years to come.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of tunnel boring machine.
The broad tunnel boring machine market has been sub-grouped into product and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Soft Ground TBMs
- Hard Rock TBMs
- City Rail System
- Railway And Highway
- Municipal Engineering
- Others (Power And Energy, Underground Storage Facilities Including Petroleum And Nuclear Waste Repositories)
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for tunnel boring machine in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the tunnel boring machine market include Herrenknecht, Hitachi Zosen Corporation, Jim Technology Corporation, Kawasaki, Komatsu, Northern Heavy Industries Group Co., Ltd., SELI, Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co., Ltd., and Tianye Tolian. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Tunnel Boring Machine
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market: Snapshot
4. TUNNEL BORING MACHINE MARKET ANALYSIS BY PRODUCT
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. TUNNEL BORING MACHINE MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Soft Ground TBMs
- Market In Hard Rock TBMs
6. TUNNEL BORING MACHINE MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In City Rail System
- Market In Railway and Highway
- Market In Municipal Engineering
- Market In Others (Power and Energy, Underground Storage Facilities including Petroleum and Nuclear Waste Repositories)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE TUNNEL BORING MACHINE COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE TUNNEL BORING MACHINE INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Hitachi Zosen Corporation
- Jim Technology Corporation
- Northern Heavy Industries Group Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Tianye Tolian
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Tunnel Boring Machine
Table 2. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Product
Table 3. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Application
Table 4. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Table 6. Europe Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Table 8. Latin America Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Tunnel Boring Machine
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Product
Fig. 8. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Tunnel Boring Machine Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 11. Europe Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Tunnel Boring Machine Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Tunnel Boring Machine Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Tunnel Boring Machine Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.