Owing to its superlative absorbing power, Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP’s) have been employed in numerous applications but the largest use of superabsorbent is found in personal hygiene disposable products such as such as baby diapers, adult protective underwear, and sanitary napkins. Apart from personal care products SAP is also used for blocking water penetration in underground power or communications cable, horticultural water retention agents, control of spill and waste aqueous fluid. Growing usage of super absorbent polymer for the manufacturing of feminine hygiene products and adult incontinence products is likely to drive the growth of the market. Rise in birth rate, especially in APAC & MEA and growing geriatric population will remain the key factors for generating the major demand of super absorbent polymer over the next few years.
As per Value Market Research, Super Absorbent Polymer Market is expected to be worth USD 12,009.2 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.1%. By volume, the market was estimated at XX.X Kilo-Tons in 2017 and is expected to reach XX.X Kilo-Tons by 2024 with a CAGR of X.X%.
SODIUM POLYACRYLATE IS LIKELY TO GAIN THE TRACTION
By end of 2024, sodium polyacrylate is expected to capture 65% market share. Sodium polyacrylate is also known as water lock and has a broad range of application across consumer goods products. Mainly, the segment is growing on the ground of its excellent property to absorb as much as 100 to 1000 times its mass in water. Rising demand from various end-use industries such as healthcare, packaging, agriculture, and consumer electronic goods is the major factor driving the growth of this segment.
FEMININE HYGIENIC PRODUCTS EMERGED AS THE LARGEST APPLICATION AREA
Market share for general applications of super absorbent polymer is likely to reach 86% by 2024. Growing hygiene concern among women along with the rising demand for feminine hygiene products such as incontinence products, adult protective underwear, and sanitary napkin is likely to raise the demand for sodium polyacrylate. Also, increasing usage of SAP in agriculture as water retention agents and control of spill and waste liquid is again boosting the growth. Furthermore, the rise in natal population around the globe is likely to witness the highest growth in the years to come.
ASIA-PACIFIC EMERGED AS THE LARGEST MARKET IN GLOBAL SAP MARKET
Asia-Pacific is leading the market accounting nearly for 33% of the global market share owing to the presence of large adult population, coupled with the high growth rate of end-use industries in the region. Also, increasing hygiene awareness and growing disposable income are some of the key factors which have led to the increase in demand and are projected to impact the market positively. Asia Pacific is followed by North America. Growth in this region is strongly driven by the growing healthcare sector and rising hygiene concern among the consumers. Europe is also expected to witness a moderate growth owing to the rising government initiatives to boost industrial development and usage of SAP in the agriculture sector. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to grow at a steady rate due to rising birth-rate and increasing adoption of adult diapers in the region.
MAJOR COMPETITOR IN THE MARKET
BASF SE, Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Evonik Industries AG, SDP Global Co. Ltd., LG Chem Ltd., Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd. , Formosa Plastics Co., Bayer AG, and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation. Major companies are adopting smart strategies such as partnership and enhancing product portfolio to expand their presence in the market.
As per this study, the global superabsorbent polymers (SAP) market in terms of revenue was valued USD 7,527.9 MN in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 12,009.2 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.1%. By volume, the market was estimated at XX.X Kilo-Tons in 2017 and is expected to reach XX.X Kilo-Tons by 2024 with a CAGR of X.X%.
Superabsorbent polymer (SAP) substance is hydrophilic networks that can absorb and retain extremely large amounts of water or aqueous solutions relative to their own mass. Technically, SAPs are cross-linked polyelectrolytes which start to swell upon contact with water or aqueous solutions resulting in the formation of a hydrogel. SAP’s are white sugar-like hygroscopic materials, which are mostly used in disposable diapers, feminine hygiene products, and adult incontinence products.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global super absorbent polymer market
- Volume & revenue forecast of the global super absorbent polymer market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The super absorbent polymer is widely used in the manufacturing of diapers for babies, feminine hygiene products, and adult incontinence products. Additionally, the increasing birth rate along with the growing geriatric population fuels the demand for super absorbent polymer market. Moreover, the rising application of super absorbent polymer for water conservation tool in large-scale agriculture is projected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. On the other hand, the fluctuating price of raw material is likely to act as a restraint for the market. Also, issues associated with the disposal of the synthetic superabsorbent polymer is likely to hamper the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of super absorbent polymer.
The broad super absorbent polymer market has been sub-grouped into type and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Type Market Share 2017
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Polyacrylamide Copolymers
- Baby Diapers
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Adult Incontinence Products
- Traditional Wound Care
- Advanced Wound Care
- Others (Surgical Pads, Etc.)
- Others (Agriculture, Waste Water Treatment, Etc.)
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for super absorbent polymer in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the super absorbent polymer market includes BASF SE, Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Evonik Industries AG, SDP Global Co. Ltd., LG Chem Ltd., Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd. , Formosa Plastics Co., Bayer AG, and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Super Absorbent Polymer
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market: Snapshot
4. SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Sodium Polyacrylate
- Market In Polyacrylamide Copolymers
- Market In Others
6. SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In General
- Market In Baby Diapers
- Market In Feminine Hygiene Products
- Market In Adult Incontinence Products
- Market In Medical
- Market In Traditional Wound Care
- Market In Advanced Wound Care
- Market In Others (Surgical Pads, Etc.)
- Market In Others (Agriculture, Waste Water Treatment, Etc.)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Canada Market Estimates By Segments
- Mexico Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMER INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- BASF SE
- Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- SDP Global Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Formosa Plastics Co.
- Bayer AG
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Super Absorbent Polymer
Table 2. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Types
Table 3. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Application
Table 4. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Table 6. Europe Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Table 8. Latin America Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Super Absorbent Polymer
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Types
Fig. 8. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Super Absorbent Polymer Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 11. Europe Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Super Absorbent Polymer Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Super Absorbent Polymer Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Super Absorbent Polymer Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.