The pet food market has grown significantly over the past few years owing to a rise in pet population across the globe leading to an increase in pet ownership. Increasing awareness regarding on pet health and growing trends of pet humanization is further fueling the market growth. Also, the rise in disposable income of the pet owners results in increased expenditure on pet food and healthcare is boosting the market growth. Rising need of nutritious, healthy food for captive animals is again fueling the market growth.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Pet Food Market was valued at USD 60 billion in 2017 and is likely to reach USD 92 billion by 2024 with the CAGR of 4%.
Dry type dominated the segment
In 2017, dry type emerged as the leading segment and has accounted for X.X% of the total market share. Dry pet food offers advantages such as better for oral and dental health, portable, storage, and relatively cheap are the driving the segment growth. Also, the availability of variety in dry food coupled with higher shelf life is fueling the product demand.
Dog led the application segment
Dogs dominated the application segment by accounting for X.X% of the total market share in 2017. Presence of popular dogs breeds along with better security, the comfort offered by dogs has increased the number of dog owners, thus driving the segment growth.
North America dominated the regional market
North America led the geographically owing rising adoption of pets in the population is driving the regional market growth. In 2017, North America has accounted for over 35% of the total market share.
Key players in the market
Big Heart Pet Brands, Colgate-Palmolive Co., Lupus Alimentos Ltd., Mars Incorporated, Nestle SA, Procter and Gamble, Total Alimentos SA and Unicharm Corporation are the major players of the pet food market.
As per this study the Global Pet Food Market was valued at USD 60 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 80 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.0%.
Pet food refers to a formulated food specially intended for the consumption of pets. The pet food contains all the essential nutrients required for the betterment of pet health. Variety of pet food is available depending upon age, health, and type of the pet. Also, special pet food is available to overcome the nutrition deficiencies among the pets.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global pet food market
- Revenue forecast of the global pet food market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The growth of pet population, increasing pet ownership, growing trends of pet humanization and rising demand for pet care from developed and emerging markets is driving the market growth. Rising expenditure on pet health and food is further fueling the market growth. Also, the increase in the count of nuclear families is another factor contributing significantly to pet ownership. This, in turn, is boosting the pet food market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of pet food.
The broad pet food market has been sub-grouped into type and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Type Market Share 2017
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation, which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for pet food in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Pet Food Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the pet food market includes Big Heart Pet Brands, Colgate-Palmolive Co., Lupus Alimentos Ltd., Mars Incorporated, Nestle SA, Procter and Gamble, Total Alimentos SA and Unicharm Corporation. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Pet Food
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Pet Food Market: Snapshot
4. PET FOOD MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. PET FOOD MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Dry
- Market In Wet
- Market In Treat And Snacks
6. PET FOOD MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Dog
- Market In Cat
- Market In Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE PET FOOD COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE PET FOOD INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Big Heart Pet Brands
- Colgate-Palmolive Co.
- Lupus Alimentos Ltd.
- Mars Incorporated
- Nestle SA
- Procter and Gamble
- Total Alimentos SA
- Unicharm Corporation
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Pet Food
Table 2. Global Pet Food Market By Type
Table 3. Global Pet Food Market By Application
Table 4. Global Pet Food Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Pet Food Market
Table 6. Europe Pet Food Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Pet Food Market
Table 8. Latin America Pet Food Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Pet Food Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Pet Food Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Pet Food
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Pet Food Market By Type
Fig. 8. Global Pet Food Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Pet Food Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Pet Food Market
Fig. 11. Europe Pet Food Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Pet Food Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Pet Food Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Pet Food Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Pet Food Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Pet Food Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.