Rising demand of mushrooms from food industry owing to its anti-oxidant properties and high nutritional content is driving the market growth. Medicinal use of mushrooms in the prevention of cancer, allergies, and arthritis is fueling the market growth. In addition to this, rising consumption of mushroom in soups, salad, and other recipes has raised its demand in hotels and restaurants. Also, increased investment by major players in enhanced packaging and expanding application areas is boosting the market growth.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Mushroom Market was valued at USD 36 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 61.7 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 8.0%.
BUTTON MUSHROOMS EMERGED AS LEADING SEGMENT
In 2017, button mushroom leads the segment and has accounted for X.X% of the total market share. Owing to anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and other nutritional properties coupled with easy availability, button mushroom is gaining driving segment growth.
FRESH MUSHROOM DOMINATED THE FORM SEGMENT
On the basis of form, fresh mushroom led the segment owing to additional health benefits associated coupled with shifting consumer preference towards fresh and organic food is driving the segment growth. In 2017, Fresh mushroom accounted for 60% of the total market share. Also, rising health awareness within the population is further boosting the product demand in end-use industries.
BY APPLICATION, FOOD SERVICE GAINED THE MAXIMUM MARKET SHARE
In 2017, food service dominated the application segment and has accounted for X.X% of the total market share. Rising demand of mushrooms in soups, salad, and other recipes is driving the segment growth. Rising trend of vegan diet among consumers is contributing majorly to segment growth.
EUROPE EMERGED AS LEADING REGIONAL MARKET
Geographically, Europe dominated the market and has accounted for 35% of the total market share. Rising demand and consumption of mushrooms from end-user industries is predominantly driving the regional market growth. Also, European countries such as France, UK, and Italy being the largest producer of mushroom, is further fueling market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
Bonduelle SA, CMP Mushrooms Greenyard NV, Costa Group, Drinkwater’s Mushroom Ltd., Monaghan MushroomsMonterey Mushrooms Inc., Okechamp S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc. and The Mushroom Company are the major vendors of the mushroom market.
As per this study the Global Mushroom Market was valued at USD 36 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 61.7 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 8.0%.
Mushroom alternatively known as toadstool refers to spore-producing, umbrella-shaped fungi with high nutritive value. Mushrooms are classified as edible and inedible. Edible one is generally referred as mushrooms whereas inedible are known as toadstools. Mushrooms are cholesterol free, posses’ anti-oxidant properties and have essential amino acids and vitamin B complex to a certain limit. Consumption of edible mushroom can lead to prevention from heart attack, cancer, and diabetes increases in-built immunity and also helps in body weight management.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global mushroom market
- Revenue forecast of the global mushroom market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Rising demand for mushrooms from food industry owing to high nutritional contents is driving the market growth. Growing consumption of mushrooms in soups, salad and other recipes in restaurants and hotels is further fueling the market growth. Rising consumer preference towards consumption of vegan diet is presumed to foster the market growth. Increased investment by major players in enhanced packaging and expanding application areas is further boosting the market growth. On the flip side, low shelf life coupled with lack of proper process management is restraining the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of mushroom.
The broad mushroom market has been sub-grouped into type, form, and end-use. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Button Mushroom
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Oyster Mushroom
- Fresh Mushroom
- Processed Mushroom
- Dried Mushroom
- Frozen Mushroom
- Canned Mushroom
- Food Processing Industry
- Retail Outlets
- Food Services
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for mushroom in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Mushroom Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the mushroom market include Bonduelle SA, CMP Mushrooms Greenyard NV, Costa Group, Drinkwater’s Mushroom Ltd., Monaghan Mushrooms, Monterey Mushrooms Inc., Okechamp S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc., and The Mushroom Company. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Mushroom
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Mushroom Market: Snapshot
4. MUSHROOM MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. MUSHROOM MARKET ANALYSIS BY FORM
- Market In Button Mushroom
- Market In Shiitake Mushroom
- Market In Oyster Mushroom
- Market In Others
6. MUSHROOM MARKET ANALYSIS BY END-USE
- Market In Fresh Mushroom
- Market In Processed Mushroom
- Market In Dried Mushroom
- Market In Frozen Mushroom
- Market In Canned Mushroom
7. MUSHROOM MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Food Processing Industry
- Market In Retail Outlets
- Market In Food Services
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE MUSHROOM COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
9. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE MUSHROOM INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Bonduelle SA
- CMP Mushrooms Greenyard NV
- Costa Group
- Drinkwater’s Mushroom Ltd.
- Monaghan MushroomsMonterey Mushrooms Inc.
- Okechamp S.A.
- Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc.
- The Mushroom Company
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Mushroom
Table 2. Global Mushroom Market By Types
Table 3. Global Mushroom Market By Form
Table 4. Global Mushroom Market By End-Use
Table 5. Global Mushroom Market By Geography
Table 6. North America Mushroom Market
Table 7. Europe Mushroom Market
Table 8. Asia Pacific Mushroom Market
Table 9. Latin America Mushroom Market
Table 10. Middle East And Africa Mushroom Market
Table 11. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 12. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 13. New Product Development
Table 14. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Mushroom Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Mushroom
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Mushroom Market By Types
Fig. 8. Global Mushroom Market By Form
Fig. 9. Global Mushroom Market By End-Use
Fig. 10. Global Mushroom Market By Geography
Fig. 11. North America Mushroom Market
Fig. 12. Europe Mushroom Market
Fig. 13. Asia Pacific Mushroom Market
Fig. 14. Latin America Mushroom Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Mushroom Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Mushroom Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Mushroom Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.