The growing popularity of micronutrients for increasing crop yield and productivity is driving the market growth. Rising demand of micronutrients for soil enrichment, seed treatment, soil fertilization, foiler, and aquaponics application is also fueling the market growth. Lack of arable land is raising demand for high crop yield in limited farmland. This, in turn, has increased demand for micronutrients. Growing adoption of micronutrients for high-quality agricultural outcome is pushing the market growth uphill.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Micronutrients Market to reach USD 11.1 billion by 2025. It was valued USD 6.48 billion in 2018. The report foresees an 8% CAGR from 2019 to 2025.
ZINC EMERGED AS THE LEADING PRODUCT SEGMENT
In 2018, zinc dominated the product segment. Zinc accounted for maximum market share as it promotes the growth of a variety of crops such as rice, maize, bean, potato, etc. Also, increasing use in photosynthesis, sugar formation, phytohormone synthesis, protein synthesis and other crucial pathways are again increasing demand for zinc.
SOIL DOMINATED THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
By application, soil has emerged as a leading segment in 2018. Decreasing arability of soil is majorly driving demand for micronutrients for enrichment of soil. Presence of micronutrient enhances soil properties such as organic matter content, clay content and pH balance leading to increases in crop yield is again fueling the segment growth.
ON THE BASIS OF CROP, CEREALS LED THE SEGMENT
In 2018, cereals dominated the segment and has accounted for maximum market share. Rising consumption of cereals such as maize, wheat, oats, etc. is driving the segment growth. Growing demand for cereal bars, biscuits and snacks are contributing the segment growth.
ASIA PACIFIC DOMINATED THE REGIONAL MARKET
In 2018, Asia Pacific emerged as the leading regional market owing to the booming agricultural sector in countries such as India and China. The growing focus on better quality and high yield of the crop to fulfill the regional demand is again contributing the market growth.
MAJOR PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
BASF SE, Coromandel International Ltd., K+S AG, Sociedad Quimica y Minera SA, The Mosaic Company, and Yara International ASA are the key players of the micronutrient market.
As per this study the Global Micronutrients Market was valued USD 6.48 BN (by revenue) in 2018 and is anticipated to reach USD 11.1 BN by 2025 with a CAGR of 8%.
Micronutrients are the most essential elements for healthy plant growth. Some of the major micronutrients required by crops and plants are boron, iron, copper, manganese, molybdenum, zinc and chlorine along with some vitamins which are required in small quantities in phytochemicals and organisms. Basically, they are naturally found in plants & few animal-based foods and can also be synthesized artificially.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global micronutrients market
- Revenue forecast of the global micronutrients market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The growing need for improving quality and uniformity in crop yield across the agricultural industry along with dearth arable land is likely to drive the growth of the micronutrients market over the forecast period. Expanding hydroponic industry along with the improvement in faring practicing is again expected to fuel the market growth. On the other hand, a lack of awareness regarding the benefits of micronutrients among farmer is likely to hinder the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of micronutrients.
The broad micronutrients market has been sub-grouped into product, application and crop. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Seed treatment
- Pulses and oilseeds
- Fruits and Vegetables
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for micronutrients in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Micronutrients Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the micronutrients market include BASF SE, Coromandel International Ltd., K+S AG, Sociedad Quimica y Minera SA, The Mosaic Company, and Yara International ASA. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Micronutrients
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Micronutrients Market: Snapshot
4. MICRONUTRIENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY PRODUCT
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. MICRONUTRIENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Boron
- Market In Copper
- Market In Iron
- Market In Manganese
- Market In Molybdenum
- Market In Zinc
- Market In Others
6. MICRONUTRIENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY CROP
- Market In Fertigation
- Market In Foliar
- Market In Soil
- Market In Seed treatment
- Market In Others
7. MICRONUTRIENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Cereals
- Market In Pulses and oilseeds
- Market In Fruits and Vegetables
- Market In Others
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE MICRONUTRIENTS COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
9. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE MICRONUTRIENTS INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- BASF SE
- Coromandel International Ltd.
- K+S AG
- Sociedad Quimica y Minera SA
- The Mosaic Company
- Yara International ASA
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Micronutrients
Table 2. Global Micronutrients Market By Product
Table 3. Global Micronutrients Market By Application
Table 4. Global Micronutrients Market By Crop
Table 5. Global Micronutrients Market By Geography
Table 6. North America Micronutrients Market
Table 7. Europe Micronutrients Market
Table 8. Asia Pacific Micronutrients Market
Table 9. Latin America Micronutrients Market
Table 10. Middle East And Africa Micronutrients Market
Table 11. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 12. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 13. New Product Development
Table 14. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Micronutrients Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Micronutrients
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Micronutrients Market By Product
Fig. 8. Global Micronutrients Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Micronutrients Market By Crop
Fig. 10. Global Micronutrients Market By Geography
Fig. 11. North America Micronutrients Market
Fig. 12. Europe Micronutrients Market
Fig. 13. Asia Pacific Micronutrients Market
Fig. 14. Latin America Micronutrients Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Micronutrients Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Micronutrients Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Micronutrients Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.