Rising usage of chemically inert, and safe materials over metals as medical implants is driving the demand in the healthcare industry. Constantly rising demand of biocompatible materials with easier processing cycle is again pushing the market growth upwards. Also, the increasing prevalence of chronic conditions is leading to the high demand of sustainable and safe pharmaceutical devices have again contributed in demand of medical polymers. Ongoing development of advanced polymers and composites for production of surgical instrument handles, catheters, and syringes are further boosting the market growth.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Medical Polymer Market to reach USD 11.9 billion by 2025. It was valued USD 6.54 billion in 2018. The report foresees a 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2025.
POLYPROPYLENE DOMINATED THE PRODUCT SEGMENT
By product, polypropylene led the segment in 2018 by accounting major market share. Owing to excellent ability to withstand repetitive steam and autoclave sterilization process, polypropylene is driving its application in the production of medical equipment. Also, polypropylene is stiff, chemically inert, lightweight, eco-friendly, and cheaper material against available substitutes is again boosting the demand from the healthcare industry.
MEDICAL DEVICES AND EQUIPMENT EMERGED AS THE LEADING APPLICATION SEGMENT
In 2018, medical devices and equipment dominated the application segment. Growing count of elderly population coupled with rising in the prevalence of chronic medical conditions has driven demand for effective medical devices and equipment for better patient diagnosis and care. Also, medical polymers offer excellent chemical resistance hence used for in the production of surgical trays, medical devices, and disposable products such as syringes, gloves, etc. are again fueling the segment market.
NORTH AMERICA LED THE REGIONAL MARKET
On the basis of region, the market is led by North America in 2018. Established healthcare infrastructure, increase in the elderly population, and the rise in medical awareness is driving the market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
BASF, Bayer, Celanese, Dow Chemical, DSM, DuPont, Eastman, Evonik, Exxon Mobil, Formosa Plastics, Hexpol, INEOS, Kraton, Raumedic, Shanghai New Shanghua, Solvay, and Tekni-Plex Inc. are the prominent players of the market.
As per this study the Global Medical Polymers Market was valued USD 6.54 BN (by revenue) in 2018 and is anticipated to reach USD 11.9 BN by 2025 with a CAGR of 9%. By volume, the market was estimated XXX KT in 2018 and is expected to reach XXX KT by 2025 with a CAGR of X.X%.
Medical polymers are used for a variety of human contact and non-contact applications across the medical industry. These materials are mostly used in the production of the medical device, implants, packaging materials, and disposables such as gloves, vials, and tools. Also, medical polymers are biocompatible in nature, remain and or are easily processed by the human body.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global medical polymers market
- Volume and revenue forecast of the global medical polymers market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The market is expected to experience significant growth owing to rising adoption of polymers for implants as they have chemical inertness and superior fatigue resistance. Further, owing to their low cost, easy replacement, superior flexibility, and ability to prevent infection as compared to metals is again spurring product demand. Also, the industry is likely to be driven by the rising demand for lightweight, high strength plastic materials across majorly across health care sector. The demand is also likely to register high growth on account of the development of advanced polymers and composites used in components such as surgical instrument handles, catheters, and syringes.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of medical polymers.
The broad medical polymers market has been sub-grouped into product and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Medical Devices & Equipment
- Medical Packaging
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for medical polymers in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Medical Polymers Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the medical polymers market include BASF, Bayer, Celanese, Dow Chemical, DSM, DuPont, Eastman, Evonik, Exxon Mobil, Formosa Plastics, Hexpol, INEOS, Kraton, Raumedic, Shanghai New Shanghua, Solvay, and Tekni-Plex Inc. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Medical Polymers
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Medical Polymers Market: Snapshot
4. MEDICAL POLYMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY PRODUCT
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. MEDICAL POLYMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Polypropylene
- Market In Polyethylene
- Market In Polyvinyl Chloride
- Market In Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Market In Polystyrene
- Market In Polyoxymethylene
- Market In Others
6. MEDICAL POLYMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Medical Devices & Equipment
- Market In Medical Packaging
- Market In Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE MEDICAL POLYMERS COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE MEDICAL POLYMERS INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Dow Chemical
- Exxon Mobil
- Formosa Plastics
- Shanghai New Shanghua
- Tekni-Plex Inc.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Medical Polymers
Table 2. Global Medical Polymers Market By Product
Table 3. Global Medical Polymers Market By Application
Table 4. Global Medical Polymers Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Medical Polymers Market
Table 6. Europe Medical Polymers Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Medical Polymers Market
Table 8. Latin America Medical Polymers Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Medical Polymers Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Medical Polymers
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Medical Polymers Market By Product
Fig. 8. Global Medical Polymers Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Medical Polymers Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 11. Europe Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Medical Polymers Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Medical Polymers Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Medical Polymers Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.