Increased prevalence of cancer especially blood cancer across the world leading to rising demand for effective treatments is the driving market growth. Rise in expenditure on development of novel treatment and developing health infrastructure is further fueling the market growth. Additionally, the rise in survival rate and minimum side effects of novel treatment such as stem cell therapy, bone marrow transplant has open new avenues for the market growth. Furthermore, increasingly exposed to chemical mutation, changing dietary habits and living style of the population is further pushing the market growth.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market accounted for USD 10 billion and is expected to reach USD 12.5 billion at CAGR of 4% from the year 2017 to 2024.
ACUTE LEUKEMIA EMERGED AS THE LEADING THE SEGMENT
In 2017, acute leukemia is dominating the segment and has accounted for maximum market share. Owing to the growing condition of cancerous cells, acute leukemia is driving the segment growth. Rising smoking habits, exposure to chemicals, radiations and cases with other blood-related disorders are again fueling the segment growth.
CHEMOTHERAPY DOMINATED THE SEGMENT
By therapy, chemotherapy led the segment in 2017. Owing to an ability to kill cancerous cells or inhibiting its proliferation and maintain a normal level of lymphocytes of chemotherapy, it is driving the market growth. Also, the increased survival rate of the patients treated with chemotherapy is again fueling its demand.
NORTH AMERICA LED THE REGIONAL MARKET
Regionally, North America dominated the market by accounting major market share in 2017. Rise in the number of patients with cancer, growing genetic mutation, and increased expenditure has increased demand for effective treatment. This has driven the market growth from the last few years. Established healthcare infrastructure leading to the availability of advanced therapeutics has also contributed significantly to regional market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
AbbVie Inc., Amgen, ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Genzyme Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Novartis International AG., Pfizer, and Teva Pharmaceuticals. Companies are tending towards mergers and acquisition for development of novel therapeutics. For instance, TapImmune and Marker Therapeutics Announce Entry into Merger Agreement, Creating a Transformational Immuno-Oncology Platform.
As per this study the Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market was valued USD 10 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 13 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 4%.
Leukemia is a type of cancer that mainly developed into blood tissues and occur in bone marrow. It developed gradually and leads to the uncontrolled growth of the blood cells. Leukemia is also termed as a cancer of white blood cells but also affect red blood cells and platelets. Fever, weight loss, night sweats, enlarged liver, frequent infections, and swollen lymph nodes are some of the common symptoms of leukemia. Leukemia therapeutic includes radiation, chemotherapy, and stem cell transplantation.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global leukemia therapeutics market
- Revenue forecast of the global leukemia therapeutics market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Rising cases of cancer worldwide along with the innovation in drug discovery and increasing investment in R&D sector is expected to fuel the industry expansion. Further, ongoing research in molecular diagnosis and rising government investment in the healthcare sector is another major factor serving as a key driver for the market. Also, stem cells and bone marrow transplant are the emerging trends observed in the leukemia therapeutic market and projected to propel the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of leukemia therapeutics.
The broad leukemia therapeutics market has been sub-grouped into therapy and type. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Biological Therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Chronic leukemia
- Chronic lymphatic leukemia
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Acute leukemia
- Acute lymphatic leukemia
- Acute myeloid leukemia
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for leukemia therapeutics in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the leukemia therapeutics market includes AbbVie Inc., Amgen, ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Genzyme Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Novartis International AG., Pfizer, and Teva Pharmaceuticals. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Leukemia Therapeutics
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market: Snapshot
4. LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS MARKET ANALYSIS BY THERAPY
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Market In Chemotherapy
- Market In Biological Therapy
- Market In Radiation therapy
- Market In Targeted therapy
- Market In Other
6. LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Chronic leukemia
- Market In Chronic lymphatic leukemia
- Market In Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Market In Acute leukemia
- Market In Acute lymphatic leukemia
- Market In Acute myeloid leukemia
- Market In Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE LEUKEMIA THERAPEUTICS INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- AbbVie Inc.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Genzyme Corporation
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Novartis International AG.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Leukemia Therapeutics
Table 2. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Therapy
Table 3. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Type
Table 4. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Table 6. Europe Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Table 8. Latin America Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Leukemia Therapeutics
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Therapy
Fig. 8. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Type
Fig. 9. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 11. Europe Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Leukemia Therapeutics Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Leukemia Therapeutics Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Leukemia Therapeutics Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.