Growing end-use industries such as automotive, aerospace, oil and gas and others are driving the market growth. Rising demand of high-pressure valves, bolts, connecting rods, flanges and other fitting materials in end-use industries is fueling the market growth. Robust demand of high strength materials in the application sector is further driving the market growth.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Forging Market was valued USD 67,125 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 107,788.1 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.0%.
IMPRESSION DIE EMERGED AS THE LEADING SEGMENT
In 2017, Impression die dominated the product segment by accounting for 60% of the total market share. Owing to better accuracy, performance and excellent finish it is gaining hype in the market. Also, high demand of impression die from the aerospace and automotive sector is fueling the segment growth.
AUTOMOTIVE SECTOR DOMINATED THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
Automotive sector led the application segment and gained half of the total market share in 2017. High demand of high-pressure values, axial beams, shafts and other components within automotive sector is driving the segment growth. Also, use of forged components to impart better strength and reliability in an automotive application is further fueling the product demand.
ASIA PACIFIC LED THE REGIONAL MARKET
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the market by accounting for X.X% of the total market share. Owing to rising construction projects coupled with the booming automotive sector is majorly driving the regional market growth. Moreover, rapid urbanization and industrialization in emerging economies such as China and India are further driving the market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
Major vendors of forging market include Alcoa, American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, ATI Ladish Forging, Ellwood Group, FRISA, General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems, HHI Forging, Precision Castparts, Scot Forge, Sumitomo, Sypris Solutions, ThyssenKrupp and Bharat Forge Limited.
As per this study the Global Forging Market was valued USD 67,125 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 107,788.1 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.0%.
Forging is a process of shaping material by applying compressive forces by forging machines or by using power hammers. This process can be carried out on substance in both cold and hot state. Bolts, connecting rods, turbine shafts, crane hooks, hand tools, gears, and other components used in machine manufacturing are some of the forged parts. They hold excellent property like toughness, strength, stress, and reliability. Forging activities find diverse application in many industries some of them are automotive, aerospace, mining and oil & gas industries.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global forging market
- Revenue forecast of the global forging market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Automotive is the largest consumption of forged components for the production of valve bodies, fitting, high-pressure valve, and flanges. Hence the growth of the forging market directly depends on the growth of the automotive sector. Also, forging find extensive application across aerospace and oil & gas industry which is also expected to boost the market growth. On the flip side, the availability of alternate metal forming technique is likely to hamper the market.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of forging.
The broad forging market has been sub-grouped into product and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Rolled Rings
- Open Die
- Impression Die
- Automotive Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for forging in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Forging Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the forging market includes Alcoa, American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, ATI Ladish Forging, Ellwood Group, FRISA, General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems, HHI Forging, Precision Castparts, Scot Forge, Sumitomo, Sypris Solutions, and ThyssenKrupp and Bharat Forge Limited. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Forging
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Forging Market: Snapshot
4. FORGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY PRODUCT
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. FORGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Rolled Rings
- Market In Open Die
- Market In Impression Die
6. FORGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Automotive Industry
- Market In Aerospace Industry
- Market In Oil and Gas Industry
- Market In Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE FORGING COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE FORGING INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings
- ATI Ladish Forging
- Ellwood Group
- General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems
- HHI Forging
- Precision Castparts
- Scot Forge
- Sypris Solutions
- ThyssenKrupp and Bharat Forge Limited.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Forging
Table 2. Global Forging Market By Product
Table 3. Global Forging Market By Application
Table 4. Global Forging Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Forging Market
Table 6. Europe Forging Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Forging Market
Table 8. Latin America Forging Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Forging Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Forging Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Forging
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Forging Market By Product
Fig. 8. Global Forging Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Forging Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Forging Market
Fig. 11. Europe Forging Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Forging Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Forging Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Forging Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Forging Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Forging Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.