Rising consumption of convenience food among the potential population followed by a booming food and beverage industry is driving the market growth. The shift in consumer preference towards consumption of safe food products is further fueling the market growth. Rising population across the globe and growing purchasing parity of the customers are again pushing the market growth upwards. Also, changing lifestyle and the rising number of working women are also contributing to market growth. Moreover, growing organized and unorganized retail chains are also impacting the market growth positively.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Food Packaging Market was valued at USD 275 billion in 2017 and is likely to reach USD 387.0 billion by 2024 with CAGR of 5%.
FLEXIBLE PACKAGING EMERGED AS THE LEADING SEGMENT
In 2017, flexible packaging dominated the type segment by accounting for X.X% of the total market share. Advantages such as reusable, recyclable, relatively cheap, sustainable, shipping friendly, lightweight, easy to carry are driving the segment growth. Also, flexible packaging produces less wastage and emissions are further fueling the segment growth.
PAPER AND PAPER-BASED MATERIALS DOMINATED THE MATERIAL SEGMENT
By material, paper and paper-based materials led the segment and have accounted for X.X% of the total market share. Owing to eco-friendly, recyclable, biodegradable, lightweight, stiff, and offers ease on printability are driving the segment growth. Rising environmental concerns and regulation imposed by the government on the usage of plastic, as the food packaging material is further fueling the market demand.
BAKERY AND CONFECTIONERY LEADING THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
Bakery and confectionery led the segment owing to rising demand for bread, biscuits, doughnuts, pastries and other bakery products are the driving the market growth. Also, the rise in the count of organized and unorganized is further boosting the segment growth.
ASIA PACIFIC DOMINATED THE REGIONAL MARKET
Regionally, Asia Pacific led the market by accounting for over 35% of the total market share in 2017. Growing population, increasing disposable income, the shift in consumer preference towards packaged and safe food products from developing economies such as China and India is driving the regional market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
Amcor Ltd., American Packaging Corporation, Anchor Packaging, Ball Corporation, Bemis Company, Inc., Crown Holdings, Inc., DS Smith PLC. and Georgia Pacific Corporation are the major players of the food packaging market
As per this study, the Global Food Packaging Market was valued at USD 275.0 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 387.0 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 5%.
Food packaging refers used to packaging food in order to prevent food from physical damage, chemical changes, contamination and thus increases the shelf life of the food product. Basically, it increases the sustainability of the food products. It also offers easy handling, tampering resistance and aids in the silent marketing of the product. It comes in varied forms such as trays, bags, boxes, cans, flexible packs, wrappers, etc.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global food packaging market
- Revenue forecast of the global food packaging market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Rising demand and consumption of easy-to-eat and packaged food products is driving the market growth. Growing population, rising count of working women, rising trend of fast-paced life, growing disposable income are prime factors contributing significantly to market growth. Additionally, raising awareness among the population regarding food safety is again pushing the market uphill. Growing organized and unorganized retail is also impacting the market growth positively.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis, and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of food packaging.
The broad food packaging market has been sub-grouped into type, material, and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Paper And Paper-Based Material
- Bakery And Confectionary
- Dairy Products
- Fruits And Vegetables
- Meat, Poultry And Seafood
- Sauces And Dressings
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for food packaging in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Food Packaging Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the food packaging market include Amcor Ltd., American Packaging Corporation, Anchor Packaging, Ball Corporation, Bemis Company, Inc., Crown Holdings, Inc., DS Smith PLC., and Georgia Pacific Corporation. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Food Packaging
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Food Packaging Market: Snapshot
4. FOOD PACKAGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. FOOD PACKAGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY MATERIAL
- Market In Rigid
- Market In Semi-Rigid
- Market In Flexible
6. FOOD PACKAGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Paper And Paper-Based Material
- Market In Plastics
- Market In Metal
- Market In Glass
- Market In Others
7. FOOD PACKAGING MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Bakery And Confectionary
- Market In Dairy Products
- Market In Fruits And Vegetables
- Market In Meat, Poultry And Seafood
- Market In Sauces And Dressings
- Market In Others
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE FOOD PACKAGING COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
9. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE FOOD PACKAGING INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Amcor Ltd.
- American Packaging Corporation
- Anchor Packaging
- Ball Corporation
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Crown Holdings, Inc.
- DS Smith PLC.
- Georgia Pacific Corporation
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Food Packaging
Table 2. Global Food Packaging Market By Type
Table 3. Global Food Packaging Market By Material
Table 4. Global Food Packaging Market By Application
Table 5. Global Food Packaging Market By Geography
Table 6. North America Food Packaging Market
Table 7. Europe Food Packaging Market
Table 8. Asia Pacific Food Packaging Market
Table 9. Latin America Food Packaging Market
Table 10. Middle East And Africa Food Packaging Market
Table 11. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 12. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 13. New Product Development
Table 14. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Food Packaging Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Food Packaging
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Food Packaging Market By Type
Fig. 8. Global Food Packaging Market By Material
Fig. 9. Global Food Packaging Market By Application
Fig. 10. Global Food Packaging Market By Geography
Fig. 11. North America Food Packaging Market
Fig. 12. Europe Food Packaging Market
Fig. 13. Asia Pacific Food Packaging Market
Fig. 14. Latin America Food Packaging Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Food Packaging Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Food Packaging Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Food Packaging Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.