Rising awareness regarding health benefits regarding dietary supplements coupled with the growing demand for functional food and beverages is fueling the industry expansion. Further, the advent of variety in supplement product for the different age group is again boosting the market growth. Additionally, rising demand for nutritional supplements among athletes as well as working professionals is also likely to raise the demand for the product.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Dietary Supplement Market revenue was valued at around USD 140 BN in 2017 and is expected to reach around USD 247.8 BN in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 8.5%
VITAMIN IS THE MOST PREFERRED TYPE OF INGREDIENT
Vitamins dominated over 40% share in 2017Vitamin type are gaining hype in the market owing to rising demand from athletes and bodybuilders. Growing demand for vitamin supplements along with rising health awareness among consumer is another major factor driving the segment growth.
ADDITIONAL SUPPLEMENT EMERGED AS THE LARGEST APPLICATION AREA
Additional supplement dominated with 60% share in 2017. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the growing health benefits of dietary supplement since it provides all nutrition required for the body which cannot be acquired by normal regular diet.
THE ASIA-PACIFIC RULING THE GLOBAL DIETARY SUPPLEMENT MARKET
The Asia-Pacific dominated this market with over 35% share in 2017. The growth in this region can be attributed to the presence of large number young population along with the growing importance of sports among people, which in turn raise the demand for a dietary supplement for energy and bodybuilding. Further, rising health concern among population coupled with the expansion of product portfolio by the manufacturer is further driving the market growth in this region.
Amway, Axellus AS, BASF SE, Bayer AG, Bio-Botanica Inc., Blackmores Ltd, Blackmores Ltd., Epax AS, Herbalife Ltd., Integrated BioPharma, Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Naturalife Asia Co., Ltd., NBTY, Inc., Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., Omega Protein Corporation, Pharmavite LLC, Ricola AG, Surya Herbal Ltd., and The Himalaya Drug Company
As per this study the Global Dietary Supplements Market was valued at USD 140 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 247.8 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 8.5%.
Dietary supplement is a consumable product, contains various essentials vitamin, minerals, enzymes, and nutrition which enhance the good health and improve the nutritional value of the daily diet. They help to improve the body functioning system which could not be achieved through normal regular diet. The nutritional value in dietary supplement differs based on targeted consumer age.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global dietary supplements market
- Revenue forecast of the global dietary supplements market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Dietary supplements products are gaining hype in the market owing to rising health concerns among consumer worldwide. Further, rising awareness regarding health benefits among the population is again boosting the market growth. Also, growing demand for functional food and beverages along with the ongoing R & D in this field is again stimulating the market growth of dietary supplement. However, safety, efficacy, and labelling challenges are the major factor which acts as a restraint for the market.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of dietary supplements.
The broad dietary supplements market has been sub-grouped into ingredient and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
- Amino Acids
- Additional Supplement
- Medicinal Supplement
- Sports Nutrition
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for dietary supplements in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Dietary Supplements Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the dietary supplements market includes Amway, Axellus AS, BASF SE, Bayer AG, Bio-Botanica Inc., Blackmores Ltd, Blackmores Ltd., Epax AS, Herbalife Ltd., Integrated BioPharma, Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Naturalife Asia Co., Ltd., NBTY, Inc., Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., Omega Protein Corporation, Pharmavite LLC, Ricola AG, Surya Herbal Ltd., and The Himalaya Drug Company. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Dietary Supplements
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Dietary Supplements Market: Snapshot
4. DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY INGREDIENT
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Botanicals
- Market In Vitamins
- Market In Minerals
- Market In Amino Acids
- Market In Enzymes
6. DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Additional Supplement
- Market In Medicinal Supplement
- Market In Sports Nutrition
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Axellus AS
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Bio-Botanica Inc.
- Blackmores Ltd
- Blackmores Ltd.
- Epax AS
- Herbalife Ltd.
- Integrated BioPharma, Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Naturalife Asia Co., Ltd.
- NBTY, Inc.
- Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
- Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Pharmavite LLC
- Ricola AG
- Surya Herbal Ltd.
- The Himalaya Drug Company
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Dietary Supplements
Table 2. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Ingredient
Table 3. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Application
Table 4. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Dietary Supplements Market
Table 6. Europe Dietary Supplements Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Dietary Supplements Market
Table 8. Latin America Dietary Supplements Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Dietary Supplements Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Dietary Supplements
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Ingredient
Fig. 8. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Dietary Supplements Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 11. Europe Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Dietary Supplements Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Dietary Supplements Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Dietary Supplements Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.