Rising demand of DHA in infants’ supplement formula for the development of nervous system, skin, and visual function is driving the market growth. Increasing awareness among the consumers owing to superior benefits associated is further boosting the market growth. Rising demand of algal oil from end-user industries owing to better substitute over traditional fish oil is again up surging the market demand. Moreover, the rise in per capita income, rising living of standard and the shift in consumer preference towards consumption of organic, contamination free food supplements is further pushing the market upward.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global DHA from Algae Market was valued USD 290 million in 2017 and is likely to reach at USD 400 million by 2024 with CAGR of 4.5%.
DHA OIL DOMINATED THE TYPE SEGMENT
By type, DHA oil led the segment by accounting over XX.X% share of the entire market share. Superior properties of algal oil along with active incorporation of oil into gummies, capsules and chewable products are driving the segment demand.
INFANT FORMULA EMERGED AS LEADING APPLICATION SEGMENT
In 2017, infant formula led the application segment and has accounted over XX.X% of the total market share. Use of omega-3 in development of central nervous system, skin and eyes of infants and neonatal babies is driving the segment growth.
PHARMACEUTICAL AND NUTRACEUTICAL DOMINATED THE SEGMENT
In 2017, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical led the segment by accounting highest market share. Owing to rich source of contamination free omega-3, they have huge demand across pharmaceutical and nutraceuticals industry.
SUPERMARKET AND HYPERMARKET LED THE SEGMENT
By distribution network, supermarket and hypermarket dominated the segment owing to rising number of organized retail chains across the globe is driving the segment growth.
ASIA PACIFIC LED THE REGIONAL MARKET
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2017 and has accounted for over XX.X% of the total market share. Growing population, rise in per capita income and a shift in consumer taste towards premium and organic food products is driving the regional market growth.
Key players of the market
Deva Nutrition LLC, Goerlich Pharma, Hubei Ruiren Biotechnology co., Ltd., InovoBiologic Inc., Kangcare Bioindustry Co., Ltd., Nordic Naturals, Inc., Polaris, Source Omega LLC, Wuhan Bioco Sci. & Tech. Dev. Co.Ltd. and Xiamen are the players of the market
As per this study, the Global DHA From Algae Market was valued USD 290 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 400 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.5%.
DHA or docosahexaenoic acid is an omega-3 fatty acid, which is an important component for the functional development of the brain, cerebral cortex, skin, and retina. Algal DHA is the docosahexaenoic acid directly derived from the algal bodies or algae to reduce the risk of ocean-borne contamination. Algal DHA increases high-density cholesterol, cerebral oxygenation, and blood flow and exerts a neuroprotective effect on the nervous system. Apart from this, Algal DHA improves cardiovascular health, memory, visual function, and cognitive health.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global DHA from algae market
- Revenue forecast of the global DHA from algae market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Rising demand of DHA in infants’ formula for the development of nervous system, skin, and visual function is driving the market growth. Rising awareness among the consumer regarding the benefits associated is further boosting the market growth. Also, increasing demand from end-users owing to pure and contamination free DHA is fueling the algal DHA market growth. Moreover, rising disposable income, betterment in living standard coupled with the shift in consumer preference towards consumption of organic supplements is further pushing the market upward.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of DHA from algae.
The broad DHA from algae market has been sub-grouped into DHA type, application, end-user and distribution network. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By DHA Type
- Infant Formula
- Nutritional Supplements
- Food And Beverage
By Distribution Network
- Food Manufacturer
- Nutraceutical Manufacturer
- Cosmetics Manufacturer
- Animal Feed Manufacturers
- Convenient Stores
- Hypermarket or Supermarket
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for DHA from algae in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe DHA from algae Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the DHA from algae market include Deva Nutrition LLC, Goerlich Pharma, Hubei Ruiren Biotechnology co., Ltd., InovoBiologic Inc., Kangcare Bioindustry Co., Ltd., Nordic Naturals, Inc., Polaris, Source Omega LLC, Wuhan Bioco Sci. & Tech. Dev. Co.Ltd. and Xiamen. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To DHA From Algae
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global DHA From Algae Market: Snapshot
4. DHA FROM ALGAE MARKET ANALYSIS BY DHA TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. DHA FROM ALGAE MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In DHA Powder
- Market In DHA Oil
6. DHA FROM ALGAE MARKET ANALYSIS BY END-USER
- Market In Infant Formula
- Market In Nutritional Supplements
- Market In Food And Beverage
- Market In Others
7. DHA FROM ALGAE MARKET ANALYSIS BY DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
- Market In Food Manufacturer
- Market In Pharmaceutical
- Market In Nutraceutical Manufacturer
- Market In Cosmetics Manufacturer
- Market In Animal Feed Manufacturers
- Market In Consumers
8. DHA FROM ALGAE MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Convenient Stores
- Market In Hypermarket or Supermarket
- Market In E-Commerce
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE DHA FROM ALGAE COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
10. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE DHA FROM ALGAE INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Deva Nutrition LLC
- Goerlich Pharma
- Hubei Ruiren Biotechnology co., Ltd.
- InovoBiologic Inc.
- Kangcare Bioindustry Co., Ltd.
- Nordic Naturals, Inc.
- Source Omega LLC
- Wuhan Bioco Sci. & Tech. Dev. Co.Ltd.
- Xiamen Huison Biotech Co., Ltd.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of DHA From Algae
Table 2. Global DHA From Algae Market By DHA Type
Table 3. Global DHA From Algae Market By Application
Table 4. Global DHA From Algae Market By End-User
Table 5. Global DHA From Algae Market By Distribution Network
Table 6. Global DHA From Algae Market By Geography
Table 7. North America DHA From Algae Market
Table 8. Europe DHA From Algae Market
Table 9. Asia Pacific DHA From Algae Market
Table 10. Latin America DHA From Algae Market
Table 11. Middle East And Africa DHA From Algae Market
Table 12. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 13. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 14. New Product Development
Table 15. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of DHA From Algae
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global DHA From Algae Market By DHA Type
Fig. 8. Global DHA From Algae Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global DHA From Algae Market By End-User
Fig. 10. Global DHA From Algae Market By Distribution Network
Fig. 11. Global DHA From Algae Market By Geography
Fig. 12. North America DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 13. Europe DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 14. Asia Pacific DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 15. Latin America DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 16. Middle East And Africa DHA From Algae Market
Fig. 17. Market Share Of DHA From Algae Companies
Fig. 18. Recent Developments In DHA From Algae Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.