Rising adoption of defoamers from various end-use industries such as pulp & paper, wastewater treatment, paint & coatings and others to increase work efficiency by reducing foam formation are the prime factors driving the market growth. Properties of defoamers such as low viscosity, high affinity towards the air-liquid surface and ability to diffuse on a foamy surface have widened its application areas. Moreover, development of eco-friendly defoamers by key players owing to rising health concerns is increasing its penetration within end-use industries.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Defoamer Market was valued at USD 3,144.5 MN in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 4,301.0 MN by 2024, with a CAGR of 4.6%.
BY APPLICATION, PULP AND PAPER LED THE SEGMENT
Pulp and paper has dominated the application segment and is presumed to reach USD XX.X MN by end of 2024. Use of defoamer to reduce paper breakage, minimizing energy consumption & increasing work efficiency of paper machine is fueling the segment growth. Also, ability to minimizing drainage issues along with suppression of microbial growth is driving the segment growth.
BY TYPE, SILICONE-BASED DEFOAMERS DOMINATED THE SEGMENT
Silicone-based defoamers led the product type owing to greater shelf-life, actively reacts with compounds, insoluble in nature & low surface tension are the factors driving the segment growth. The segment is anticipated to reach USD XX.X MN by the end of the year 2024. Rising application of silicone based defoamers within chemical, paint & coatings, food & beverages & other industries are boosting the product demand.
ASIA PACIFIC DOMINATED THE REGIONAL MARKET
Asia Pacific is leading the regional defoamers market and is expected to reach USD XX.X MN by 2024. Owing to growing construction and paint & coating industry to meet the demand of rising population in emerging countries like India & China are driving the regional market. Also, market entry of new manufacturers and rising need of wastewater treatment will fuel the market growth.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
Bluestar Silicones France SAS, BASF SE, Dow Corning Corporation, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Ashland Inc., Kemira Oyj, Evonik Industries AG, Wacker Chemie AG, Elementis plc, Clariant Chemicals Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Synalloy Chemicals and Trans-Chemco, Inc. are the prominent players of the defoamers market.
As per this study the global defoamers market was valued USD 3,144.5 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 4,301.0 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.6%. By volume, the market was estimated at XX.X KT in 2017 and is expected to reach XX.X KT by 2024 with a CAGR of X.X%.
A defoamer is a chemical compound, which is used to prevent foam formation and/or eliminates the existing foam. Defoamer’s insolubility in the liquid and its high surface activity makes it unique for its applications. The surface-active nature of defoamers allows them to spread rapidly on the foamy surface in the form of fine droplets just as emulsifiers. Their particles break the foam lamella (bubble boundary) causing the bubbles to burst, hence clearing the froth or foam from the liquid surface. Defoamers are classified as oil based, powder based, water based, silicone based, EO/PO based and alkyl polyacrylates. Depending on the type of defoamer, it has its industrial application.
Defoamers are used in processing of industrial waste, manufacturing of bloating preventing drugs, manufacturing of dishwasher (as they require controlled foam), processing of various food items (like chicken nuggets as they can be used to reduce unwanted effusion or effervescence), in oil drilling and petroleum production, as a lubricating agent in manufacturing processes like oil cutting tools, and textile industry. Defoamers are available in wide varieties and their choice depends on the type of formulating liquid and the end application.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global defoamers market
- Volume and revenue forecast of the global defoamers market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Rapidly growing paper and pulp industry along with growing demand for water treatment chemical are projected to be one of the key trends spurring the market growth. The industry is expected to gain significant traction in the near future with owing to increased demand form paints & coatings, construction, and other industrial applications. On the other side, rising health concerns and stringent government regulations regarding environment-friendly defoamers may hamper the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of defoamers.
The broad defoamers market has been sub-grouped into type and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Application Market Share 2017
- Water-based Defoamers
- Oil-based Defoamers
- Silicone-based Defoamers
- Pulp and Paper
- Water Treatment
- Paints and Coatings
- Food and Beverages
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for defoamers in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Defoamers Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the defoamers market includes BASF, Cognis Group, Crusader Chemicals, Dow Chemical Co., and Nalco Co.. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
Major Company Players Market Share
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Defoamers Market
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Defoamers Market: Snapshot
4. DEFOAMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. DEFOAMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Water-based Defoamers
- Market In Oil-based Defoamers
- Market In Silicone-based Defoamers
- Market In Others
6. DEFOAMERS MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Pulp and Paper
- Market In Water Treatment
- Market In Paints and Coatings
- Market In Food and Beverages
- Market In Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE DEFOAMERS COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Canada Market Estimates By Segments
- Mexico Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE DEFOAMERS INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Bluestar Silicones France SAS
- BASF SE
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Ashland Inc.
- Kemira Oyj
- Evonik Industries AG
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Elementis plc
- Clariant Chemicals Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Synalloy Chemicals
- Trans-Chemco, Inc.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Defoamers
Table 2. Global Defoamers Market By Types
Table 3. Global Defoamers Market By Application
Table 4. Global Defoamers Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Defoamers Market
Table 6. Europe Defoamers Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Defoamers Market
Table 8. Latin America Defoamers Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Defoamers Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Defoamers Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Defoamers
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Defoamers Market By Types
Fig. 8. Global Defoamers Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Defoamers Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Defoamers Market
Fig. 11. Europe Defoamers Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Defoamers Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Defoamers Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Defoamers Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Defoamers Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Defoamers Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.