Increasing cases of terrorism, virtual & cyber-attacks along with rising application areas of IoT is driving the critical infrastructure protection market growth. Additionally, owing to rising security concerns across various industries such as telecommunication, transportation, oil & gas, energy and others is again fueling the critical infrastructure protection market growth. Moreover, increasing investment of government on critical infrastructural data is another factor boosting the CIP market growth. Growing physical and cyber security market is likely to propel the market demand in upcoming years.
As per Value Market Report, the Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market is expected to be worth USD 129,660.7 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 6.8%.
PHYSICAL SECURITY TECHNOLOGY IS GAINING POPULARITY IN THE GLOBAL MARKET
Based on security technology, the market is bifurcated into network security, physical security, and others. Among these, physical security was dominating in 2017 and it is estimated that it will generate USD XX.X MN revenue by the end of 2024. Rising terrorist activities, stringent regulation by government, and increasing threats to physical assets are the key factors driving the segment growth.
MANAGED SERVICES EMERGES AS THE LEADING SERVICE SEGMENT
Managed service is an efficient way to stay up to date with technology which helps to reduce operating cost and improved the quality of services thereby raising the demand of the product. Moreover, it allows the outsources organization to improved their strategic functions and focus on core business objectives which are further expected to propel the segment growth. It is estimated that managed service generate the revenue of USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024.
ENERGY AND POWER IS THE LEADING VERTICAL SEGMENT
Energy and Power accounted for the leading vertical of critical infrastructure protection market in 2017 and it is expected that it will reach USD XX.X MN revenue by the end of 2024. Technological innovations in bio-based products, energy efficiency and conservation, such as energy management software, virtual audits, and reducing reliance on conventional resources are driving the market growth. Rising demand for recyclable products, changing consumer preferences, and discovery of depository that are underground are again fueling the market growth. In addition, insights on steps taken by governments for cost-effective and eco-friendly projects are also likely to boost the market growth.
INCREASING INVESTMENT IN INFRASTRUCTURE HELPS NORTH AMERICA TO GAIN MAXIMUM SHARE
North America was dominating the global critical infrastructure market in 2017 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period by generating the revenue of USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024. The North America market is majorly driving by the rising cyber threats, susceptibility to terrorism and increasing investment in infrastructure protection. Additionally, implementation of various security policies & bodies by the U.S. government such as Homeland Security Presidential Directive and the National Infrastructure Protection Programme (NIPP) is the major factor supporting the regional market growth.
PROMINENT PLAYERS OF CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION MARKET
Airbus Group SE, BAE Systems PLC, EMC Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, Honeywell International, Inc., Intergraph Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, McAfee, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Company, and Waterfall Security Solutions Ltd. are the major players in the market.
As per this study the Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market was valued at 82,260.3 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 129,660.7 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 6.8%.
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is concerned with the security of all services and infrastructure systems vital for the smooth functioning of the entire nation. Modern industrialized societies have a nearly absolute dependence on the permanent and reliable availability of services such as electricity and telecommunications. Every disruption or unavailability of any of these services for a long time can lead to high financial losses or damage public safety. Hence, critical infrastructure protection offers a policy to strengthen and maintain secure functioning and resilient critical infrastructure. CIP is currently seen as an essential part of national security in numerous countries around the world such as US, Europe, and in other parts of the world.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global critical infrastructure protection market
- Revenue forecast of the global critical infrastructure protection market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Increased use of network security solutions by numerous critical infrastructure sectors across the world is driving the market growth. Rise in the terrorist attacks and the concerns towards the protection critical infrastructure is further anticipated to boost the market. Growing IT and infrastructure investments, coupled with the changing regulatory requirements are expected to show significant market growth during the forecast period. Scarcity of technical personnel, a deep understanding of industrial control system and the paucity of interoperability between products are the major factors inhibiting the growth of critical infrastructure protection market. Moreover, huge initial investment is also one of the major restraining factor for this industry.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of critical infrastructure protection.
The broad critical infrastructure protection market has been sub-grouped into security technology, services and vertical. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Vertical Market Share 2017
By Security Technology
- Network Security
- Physical Security
- Risk Management Services
- Consulting Services
- Managed Services
- Maintenance And Support
- Energy And Power
- Transportation System
- Sensitive Infrastructure And Enterprises
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for critical infrastructure protection in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the critical infrastructure protection market includes Airbus Group SE, BAE Systems PLC, EMC Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, Honeywell International, Inc., Intergraph Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, McAfee, Inc., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Company, and Waterfall Security Solutions Ltd. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
Major Company Players Market Share
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market: Snapshot
4. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION MARKET ANALYSIS BY SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION MARKET ANALYSIS BY SERVICES
- Market In Network Security
- Market In Physical Security
- Market In Others
6. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION MARKET ANALYSIS BY VERTICAL
- Market In Risk Management Services
- Market In Consulting Services
- Market In Managed Services
- Market In Maintenance And Support
7. CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Energy And Power
- Market In Transportation System
- Market In Sensitive Infrastructure & Enterprises
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Canada Market Estimates By Segments
- Mexico Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
9. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Airbus Group SE
- BAE Systems PLC
- EMC Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Intergraph Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- McAfee, Inc.
- Raytheon Company
- Waterfall Security Solutions Ltd.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Critical Infrastructure Protection
Table 2. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Security Technology
Table 3. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Services
Table 4. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Vertical
Table 5. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Geography
Table 6. North America Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Table 7. Europe Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Table 8. Asia Pacific Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Table 9. Latin America Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Table 10. Middle East And Africa Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Table 11. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 12. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 13. New Product Development
Table 14. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Critical Infrastructure Protection
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Security Technology
Fig. 8. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Services
Fig. 9. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Vertical
Fig. 10. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market By Geography
Fig. 11. North America Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 12. Europe Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 13. Asia Pacific Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 14. Latin America Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Critical Infrastructure Protection Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Critical Infrastructure Protection Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.