Booming biotechnology, cell biology, and life science industry is directly fueling the cell culture market. Moreover, rising investment on cell biology & cell culture followed by increasing awareness of stem cell culture are the other key factors driving the market. Increasing R&D and technological innovations in clinical research in developed countries such as Europe and North America are likely to boost the market growth. Moreover, the growing geriatric population followed by rising epidemic and chronic disease are also contributing towards the market growth.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Cell Culture Media Market was valued at USD 1,595.6 MN in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 2,489.0 MN by 2024, with a CAGR of 6.6%.
CLASSICAL MEDIA DOMINATED THE TYPE SEGMENT
In 2017, classical media accounts for the largest market share, by type, followed by lysogeny broth, owing to wide adoption in various applications as it offers consistency in every batch. As per the analysis, by 2024, classical media is expected to reach USD XX.X MN.
BIOPHARMACEUTICALS & THERAPEUTICS LED THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
Biopharmaceuticals and therapeutics account for the largest market share, by application, followed by drug screening and drug development, accounting for the technological advancement in the genetic engineering utilizing protein-based biopharmaceuticals. In addition, the cell culture technique also has diverse applications for instance in cancer research, gene therapy, and toxicity testing, which further aids in propelling the growth of this market. This segment is expected to reach USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024.
NORTH AMERICA RULING THE GLOBAL CELL CULTURE MEDIA
Rising demand, for cell culture technology and cell biology research in North America, has shown significant development and companies have started investing in innovative technologies and advances in cell culture applications. North America accounted for the largest share of this market in 2017, as there is a significantly high number of research and development projects ongoing in the region related to cytological investigation for proteomics, genomics, and drug and vaccine development. Growing need for biopharmaceuticals is also anticipated to fuel regional market growth during the forecast period. This segment is expected to reach USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE MARKET
AllCells, LLC., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Corning Life Sciences B.V., GE Healthcare., Lonza Group Ltd., Merck KGaA, Promocell GmbH, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and VWR International, LLC.
As per this study the Global Cell Culture Media Market was valued USD 1,595.6 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 2,489.0 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 6.6%.
Cell culture media is basically a liquid or gel which is designed to support the growth of a microorganism, cells, and cell lines. This medium is composed of amino acids, inorganic salts, vitamins, serum, glucose and other important nutrients which plays a vital role in the growth of various types of cells. Their application includes toxicity testing, genetic engineering, stem cell research, tissue engineering & biochemistry, cancer research, and drug discovery & drug development. Some of the end-user for cell culture media are pathology labs, academic institutes, research laboratories, biotechnology & pharmaceutical industries.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global cell culture media market
- Revenue forecast of the global cell culture media market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The rapid growth of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry coupled with the rising investment in clinical research is significantly contributing to the industry expansion. Rising application of stem cell culture in large-scale life science industries is another major factor fueling the market growth over the forecast period. Further, growing cases of the chronic disease worldwide and the need to treat disease followed by the emerging application of in-vitro cell culture are again propelling the market growth. On the other hand, lack of skilled lab technician and pharmacist is likely to hamper the market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of cell culture media.
The broad cell culture media market has been sub-grouped into type and application. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Type Market Share 2017
- Classical Media
- Lysogeny Broth
- Protein-Free Media
- Specialty Media
- Serum-Free Media
- Chemically-Defined Media
- Biopharmaceuticals and Therapeutics
- Drug Screening and Drug Development
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering
- Stem Cell Technologies
- Cancer and other Biotech Research
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for cell culture media in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Cell Culture Media Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the cell culture media market includes AllCells, LLC., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Corning Life Sciences B.V., GE Healthcare., Lonza Group Ltd., Merck KGaA, Promocell GmbH, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., and VWR International, LLC. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
Major Company Players Market Share
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Cell Culture Media
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Cell Culture Media Market: Snapshot
4. CELL CULTURE MEDIA MARKET ANALYSIS BY TYPE
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. CELL CULTURE MEDIA MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In Classical Media
- Market In Lysogeny Broth
- Market In Protein-Free Media
- Market In Specialty Media
- Market In Serum-Free Media
- Market In Chemically-Defined Media
6. CELL CULTURE MEDIA MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Biopharmaceuticals And Therapeutics
- Market In Drug Screening And Drug Development
- Market In Regenerative Medicine And Tissue Engineering
- Market In Stem Cell Technologies
- Market In Cancer And Other Biotech Research
- Market In Other
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE CELL CULTURE MEDIA COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE CELL CULTURE MEDIA INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- AllCells, LLC.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Corning Life Sciences B.V.
- GE Healthcare.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- Promocell GmbH
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- VWR International, LLC
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Cell Culture Media
Table 2. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Types
Table 3. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Application
Table 4. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Cell Culture Media Market
Table 6. Europe Cell Culture Media Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Cell Culture Media Market
Table 8. Latin America Cell Culture Media Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Cell Culture Media Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Cell Culture Media
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Types
Fig. 8. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Cell Culture Media Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 11. Europe Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Cell Culture Media Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Cell Culture Media Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Cell Culture Media Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.