Rising concern for personal safety along with regulation imposed by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards on passenger safety for commercial and personal vehicles is driving the market growth. Use of efficient brake pads for better friction stability, reduce vehicle noise is further fueling the market growth. In addition to this, the shift in customer approach towards comfortable, low noise and vibration driving is again spurring the market growth.
The latest report by Value Market Research expects the Global Brake Pad Market was valued at USD 2.2 billion in 2017 and is likely to reach USD 3.125 million by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.5%.
PASSENGER CAR DOMINATED THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
In 2017, the passenger car led the application segment by accounting for over 60% of the total market share. Rising need for an efficient braking system to minimize braking noise and vibration to impart better comfort is driving the segment growth.
OEM LED THE END-USER SEGMENT
OEM dominated the segment in 2017 and has accounted for X.X% of the total market share. OEM offers better wear resistance, quality assurance and limits noise and dust, is driving the segment growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC EMERGED AS THE LEADING REGIONAL MARKET
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominated the market and has accounted for X.X% of the total market share. The rise in automobile sales in emerging economies such as China, Malaysia, and India are the factors driving the regional market.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE MARKET
Brembo S.P.A., Continental Automotive Gmbh, Federal-Mogul LLC, ITT Inc., MAT Holdings, Inc., Nisshinbo Brake Inc., Robert Bosch Gmbh and TMD Friction Holdings Gmbh are the major players of the market.
As per this study the Global Brake Pad Market was valued at USD 2.20 BN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 2.99 BN by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.5%.
Brake pad refers to the part of the disc brakes used to decelerate the speed of the vehicle safely. These are the essential component of the car braking system. Basically, it converts kinetic energy into thermal energy through friction and reduces the car speed effectively. Brake pads are generally made up of metallic, semi-metallic, non-metallic or ceramic materials depending upon the type of the vehicle.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global brake pad market
- Revenue forecast of the global brake pad market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
The brake pad market is majorly driven on account of rise in demand and sales of automobiles leading to high demand for lightweight automotive brakes. Rising demand for low noise brake system along with customer preference towards smooth driving experience is fueling the market growth. Rising awareness regarding personal safety while driving is another major factor pushing the market growth uphill. However, strict mandates while production along with volatile raw material cost is expected to hinder market growth.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of brake pad.
The broad brake pad market has been sub-grouped into application and end-user. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Application Market Share 2017
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation, which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for brake pad in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Brake Pad Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the brake pad market include Brembo S.P.A., Continental Automotive Gmbh, Federal-Mogul LLC, ITT Inc., MAT Holdings, Inc., Nisshinbo Brake Inc., Robert Bosch Gmbh and TMD Friction Holdings Gmbh. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Brake Pad
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Brake Pad Market: Snapshot
4. BRAKE PAD MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. BRAKE PAD MARKET ANALYSIS BY END-USER
- Market In Passenger Cars
- Market In Commercial Vehicles
6. BRAKE PAD MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In OEM
- Market In Aftermarket
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE BRAKE PAD COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of North America Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
8. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE BRAKE PAD INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Brembo S.P.A.
- Continental Automotive Gmbh
- Federal-Mogul LLC
- ITT Inc.
- MAT Holdings, Inc.
- Nisshinbo Brake Inc.
- Robert Bosch Gmbh
- TMD Friction Holdings Gmbh
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Brake Pad
Table 2. Global Brake Pad Market By Application
Table 3. Global Brake Pad Market By End-User
Table 4. Global Brake Pad Market By Geography
Table 5. North America Brake Pad Market
Table 6. Europe Brake Pad Market
Table 7. Asia Pacific Brake Pad Market
Table 8. Latin America Brake Pad Market
Table 9. Middle East And Africa Brake Pad Market
Table 10. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 11. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 12. New Product Development
Table 13. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Brake Pad Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Brake Pad
Fig. 5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 6. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Brake Pad Market By Application
Fig. 8. Global Brake Pad Market By End-User
Fig. 9. Global Brake Pad Market By Geography
Fig. 10. North America Brake Pad Market
Fig. 11. Europe Brake Pad Market
Fig. 12. Asia Pacific Brake Pad Market
Fig. 13. Latin America Brake Pad Market
Fig. 14. Middle East And Africa Brake Pad Market
Fig. 15. Market Share Of Brake Pad Companies
Fig. 16. Recent Developments In Brake Pad Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.