Growing usage of ball screw in airplane flaps and aircraft passenger boarding bridge is likely to upsurge the ball screw demand. High mechanical efficiency to transform circular motion into linear motion due to low friction is the key factor increasing its demand in end-use industries. Booming aviation industry along with increasing demand for luxury vehicles is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period. Also, rising usage of ball screw in robotics & highly accurate machining tools to increase accuracy & minimize error is further raising the product demand.
As per the latest report added by Value Market Research, the Global Ball Screw Market was valued at USD 17,030.8 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 28,276.7 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.5%.
OEM TO GAIN TRACTION
OEM channel is anticipated to reach USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024. High adoption of OEM channel by MNCs and especially small enterprises & startups to sell their product is fueling the segment growth. Governmental support to OEM with increasing trend of MNCs towards outsourcing manufacturers especially from China due to advanced technologies & low-cost skilled labor will foster the market growth.
INDUSTRIAL ROBOTICS HAS LED THE APPLICATION SEGMENT
Industrial Robotics is anticipated to reach USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024. Industrial robotics segment is driven by factors such as rise in automation, growing need of better work efficiency, product quality & operation rate. Furthermore, rising demand of industrial robotics in automotive and engineering sector is further adding impetus growth to the segment.
AVIATION IS THE LEADING END-USE INDUSTRY
Industrial Robotics is anticipated to reach at USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024. Extensive use of ball screw in aerospace especially in actuator accessories of aircraft flap, braking system, and horizontal stabilizer is fueling segment growth.
APAC IS LEADING THE GLOBAL BALL SCREW MARKET
APAC has dominated the regional segment and is presumed to continue to the same & reach USD XX.X MN by the end of 2024. Rapid industrialization in countries such as India & China followed by rising automation and technological advancement are the key traits leading regional ball screw market.
KEY PLAYERS OF THE BALL SCREW MARKET
Bosch Rexroth AG, Hiwin Technologies Corp., KURODA Precision Industries Ltd., NSK Ltd., Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG, Svenska Kullagerfabriken AB, TBI MOTION Technology Co. Ltd. and THK Co., Ltd.
As per this study the Global Ball Screw Market was valued at USD 17,030.8 MN (by revenue) in 2017 and is anticipated to reach USD 28,276.7 MN by 2024 with a CAGR of 7.5%.
The ball screw is a vital transmission element for converting rotary motion into linear motion. The basic component of ball screw includes - shaft, nut, and balls in the thread between them. Owing to its less frictional resistance property, excellent wear resistance high transmission efficiency, and reversibility advantages, it has been widely adopted in the machine tool industry, industrial robots, agricultural machinery and others. The ball screw is also known as recirculating ball screws, ball bearing screws, etc. It comprises of a screw spindle and a nut assimilated with balls and the balls’ return mechanism, return tubes or caps. They are the most common type of screws used in automation industry and precision machines.
Objectives of the Study:
- Define and measure the global ball screw market
- Revenue forecast of the global ball screw market and its various sub-segments with respect to main geographies
- Analyze and identify major market trends along with the factors driving or inhibiting the market growth
- Study the company profiles of the major market players with their market share
- Analyze competitive developments
Ball screw has a broad range of usage in airplane flaps. The ball screw is also used in other operations such as aircraft passenger boarding bridge, PAXWAY, at airports, in control system for chemical plant piping, in control system for control rods used in nuclear power plants and a pressure tube inspection system. Aforementioned products and industries are a crucial part of today’s world the demand for ball screw is experiencing gradual upward inclination. Ball screw has a wide range of application across industrial automation as well as the use of industrial robotics. The high cost of the ball screw is likely to act as a restraint for ball screw market.
This detailed market study is centered on the data obtained from multiple sources and is analyzed using numerous tools including porter’s five forces analysis, market attractiveness analysis and value chain analysis. These tools are employed to gain insights of the potential value of the market facilitating the business strategists with the latest growth opportunities. Additionally, these tools also provide a detailed analysis of each application/product segment in the global market of ball screw.
The broad ball screw market has been sub-grouped into sales channel, application and end-user. The report studies these subsets with respect to the geographical segmentation. The strategists can gain a detailed insight and devise appropriate strategies to target specific market. This detail will lead to a focused approach leading to identification of better opportunities.
By Application Market Share 2017
By Sales Channel
- Industrial Robotics
- Energy & Utilities
Furthermore, the report comprises of the geographical segmentation which mainly focuses on current and forecast demand for ball screw in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The report further focuses on demand for individual application segments in all the regions.
Europe Ball Screw Market By Revenue (USD MN)
The report also covers detailed competitive landscape including company profiles of key players operating in the global market. The key players in the ball screw market includes Bosch Rexroth AG, Hiwin Technologies Corp., KURODA Precision Industries Ltd., NSK Ltd., Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG, Svenska Kullagerfabriken AB, TBI MOTION Technology Co. Ltd. and THK Co., Ltd. An in-depth view of the competitive outlook includes future capacities, key mergers & acquisitions, financial overview, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, new product developments and other developments with information in terms of H.Q.
A combination of primary and secondary research has been used to determine the market estimates and forecasts. Sources used for secondary research include (but not limited to) Paid Data Sources, Company Websites, Technical Journals, Annual Reports, SEC Filings and various other industry publications. Specific details on methodology used for this report can be provided on demand.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Introduction To Ball Screw
- Report Description
- Objectives Of The Study
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
3. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Highlight
- Global Ball Screw Market: Snapshot
4. BALL SCREW MARKET ANALYSIS BY SALES CHANNEL
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
5. BALL SCREW MARKET ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- Market In OEM
- Market In Aftermarket
6. BALL SCREW MARKET ANALYSIS BY END-USER
- Market In Pipelines
- Market In PAXWAY
- Market In Industrial Robotics
7. BALL SCREW MARKET ANALYSIS BY GEOGRAPHY
- Market In Aviation
- Market In Energy & Utilities
- Market In Fabrication
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE BALL SCREW COMPANIES
- North America (NA)
- North America Market Estimates
- North America Market Estimates By Country
- United States (U.S.) Market Estimates By Segments
- Canada Market Estimates By Segments
- Mexico Market Estimates By Segments
- Europe (EU)
- Europe Market Estimates
- Europe Market Estimates By Country
- United Kingdom (UK) Market Estimates By Segments
- Germany Market Estimates By Segments
- France Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Europe Market Estimates By Segments
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates
- Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Country
- China Market Estimates By Segments
- Japan Market Estimates By Segments
- India Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Asia Pacific Market Estimates By Segments
- Latin America (LA)
- Latin America Market Estimates
- Latin America Market Estimates By Country
- Brazil Market Estimates By Segments
- Rest Of Latin America Market Estimates By Segments
- Middle East And Africa (MEA)
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates
- Middle East And Africa Market Estimates By Country
- Middle East Market Estimates By Segments
- Africa Market Estimates By Segments
9. COMPANY PROFILES OF THE BALL SCREW INDUSTRY (Company Overview, Financial, Major Products & Recent Development)
- Market Competition
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- New Product Launches
- Other Developments
* Tentative TOC
LIST OF TABLES
- Bosch Rexroth AG
- Hiwin Technologies Corp.
- KURODA Precision Industries Ltd.
- NSK Ltd.
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Svenska Kullagerfabriken AB
- TBI MOTION Technology Co. Ltd.
- THK Co., Ltd.
Table 1. Market Highlights Of Ball Screw
Table 2. Global Ball Screw Market By Sales Channel
Table 3. Global Ball Screw Market By Application
Table 4. Global Ball Screw Market By End-User
Table 5. Global Ball Screw Market By Geography
Table 6. North America Ball Screw Market
Table 7. Europe Ball Screw Market
Table 8. Asia Pacific Ball Screw Market
Table 9. Latin America Ball Screw Market
Table 10. Middle East And Africa Ball Screw Market
Table 11. Partnership/Collaboration/Agreements
Table 12. Mergers And Acquisitions
Table 13. New Product Development
Table 14. Other Developments
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig. 1. Market Segmentation Of Ball Screw Market
Fig. 2. Top-Down Approach
Fig. 3. Bottom-Up Approach
Fig. 4. Market Highlights Of Ball Screw
Fig. 5. Value Chain Analysis
Fig. 6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Fig. 7. Global Ball Screw Market By Sales Channel
Fig. 8. Global Ball Screw Market By Application
Fig. 9. Global Ball Screw Market By End-User
Fig. 10. Global Ball Screw Market By Geography
Fig. 11. North America Ball Screw Market
Fig. 12. Europe Ball Screw Market
Fig. 13. Asia Pacific Ball Screw Market
Fig. 14. Latin America Ball Screw Market
Fig. 15. Middle East And Africa Ball Screw Market
Fig. 16. Market Share Of Ball Screw Companies
Fig. 17. Recent Developments In Ball Screw Industry
* Kindly note that the above listed are the basic tables and figures of the report and are not limited to the TOC.